I needed to know when a website was last updated…so I dug around online and on this page:
I found out this works (seems to not work in Chrome but will in IE.):
- Dig around for that long-lost IE icon and click it.
- Open a web page
- Hit enter and you will get a pop up with date info
Quick tip I found out. My wife had been on our Win7 machine with IE8 on a site that had caused the browser to hang. This was a day or so ago. Today I noticed that the desktop background image was blank and none of the icons worked. After a bit of searching I found out that there are still traces of IE8 crashes hanging up the system. Here’s the fix:
- CTRL + ALT + DEL. Don’t worry, it’s not like olden times where this caused your computer to reboot. This now brings up a few options.
- Click on Start Task Manager.
- Click on the processes tab
- Click on Name to sort them.
- Find any instances of iexplore.exe and end them.
I did this and BAM…desktop is back to life. 🙂 Hope it helps!